Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My First Blog :-)

So...I'm going to try and keep this page updated while I'm in Thailand with people I meet, places I go and anything interesting that happens :-)

To get the ball rolling I thought I might start posting now with a few things that we've been up to as a team during prep.

First Stop...CCP Retreat 13/14 October 07

We all piled into 3 cars (in typical impact style...girls in one car....guys in the other...but it was great girl catch up time!) in Grace college car park bright and early 8am Saturday morning for a sprint up the mountain to Mt Tamborine.
The air was fresh the sun was warm....we were set for a productive weekend! And that it was. During this short period of 24 hrs we managed to squeeze in
  • morning tea/checkpoint
  • 3 talks and an extensive prayer period
  • some interesting team building activities
  • a short stroll, filming our video to send over to thailand introducing ourselves
  • cultural/packing/weather/money/schedule info
  • dinner, desert, a game of pick up sticks....the most serious and intense game i have ever played...each turn took about 5 mins...
  • bed, sleeeeeeeep
  • wake, eat, QT, clean, leave by 9am arrive
ONE BIG HUGE SIGH!!! Needless to say i rested most of sunday!

It was great to be able to spend a large portion of time with the team and have the chance to get to know each other a bit better.

Thats all from me for now.

Here are some pics from the weekend...Me almost stacking it as i landed from leapfrogging over spaceman


A spontaneous game of 'kick the soccer ball' right near this steep slope down the mountainside...we nearly lost the ball a few times.


The Pete, Birdman and Rod strutting on the way back...



The elaborate method which we used to get that tennis ball into a bucket about 10m away.... (if you can't make it out...thats two ropes pulled taught just the right distance apart for the ball to roll down) It worked....eventually.


Just a little sequence of our leapfrog exercise.

The most handsome little man, coming on our trip. Mr Benjamin Richards

A truck that just happened to be at the campsite. (For those who don't know the two in the photo are Matt and Naomi Bird)


Spacedog (Nick Wright) being a kangaroo.

The intense game of pick up sticks...check out the concentration....
And it looks like birdman is sticking his stick up Rod's nose....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Samantha Dear I hope you're feeling fine.
Unfortunately though, I can't sing the next line of the song for you and you're not able to sing 'I spent last night in the arms of a girl called Louisianna' teehee!
Well, I am just having another boring day at home so I thought I would drop you a note to tell you I LOVE YOU and that I love ya blog. Nice piccies too! Looks like you and your team are already having a ball.
Mmwah.
Kyles

Unknown said...

Haha. Textbook blog Samma. Very entertaining. Thanks heaps.

Marisa said...

Sam-Sam!!! This makes me miss you so much...to think this time last year I was on the weekend! I can't wait to see how God moves in your life and uses you! You're in my prayers and go expecting God to move!

Love you!
Marisa